Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Place For Information


I know what it is like to suffer from some sort of chronic disease and not know where to find information. I have had asthma my entire life, and it has been a constant struggle trying to find the newest and best information about how I can improve my standard of living. Through countless doctor visits and hours on the internet, I have been able to find the treatment that is right for me and I feel that I live a fairly normal life while keeping my asthma under control. There were many times when I was younger, and the internet was not available, when I would go months without getting any new information. The times have obviously changed and I can now get information minute by minute if I choose to search for it.

I feel that some people who are obese do not know what the dangers are with their condition because they either do not communicate with a physician, or they do not know where to look for reliable information. One source that I have found to be very reliable is the Obesity Society. This society's website offers current and dependable information regarding obesity treatment, while giving ideas for diet, weight loss, and physical activity. The website also offers support and a discrete way to get the information more needed by any user. Becoming a member of this site allows users to get access to peer reviewed journals and newsletters that gives the latest news and help. I recommend this site for those who are like me and desire to know all they can about something they are experiencing. By getting more knowledge, we can get the best treatment and live the best lives possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment